Guitar MOT – Making your guitar roadworthy
Brand new guitars (which leave the factory with only a basic setup) and older guitars will benefit greatly from a professional set-up so they perform well and allow for a better playing experience. Scoot will discuss your preferences and playing style with you prior to carrying out any work.
Your guitar will be set-up, adjusted and fine tuned to get it feeling and sounding its best.
~ Make your guitar your own ~
A full, professional, custom set-up by Scoot includes:
- Careful removal of old strings
- Check frets for wear and tear and reseat any loose ends
- Fret ends are dressed smooth for optimum playing comfort and frets deoxidised and polished
- Fret board cleaned and conditioned
- Restring with new strings (gauge of your choice)
- Truss Rod adjustment to desired relief
- Action set to customers preference- string height adjusted at top nut and bridge
- Check and adjust intonation as necessary
- Adjust pickups to desired height
- Components & electrics checked and cleaned
- Screws, nuts and bolts tightened
- Guitar body and neck cleaned and polished.
Price £70 + strings.
All products (e.g. abrasives, oils and waxes) used are of the highest quality.
- levelling & recrowning of frets plus a professional set-up (as above).
Guide Price from £120
- Existing frets are carefully removed
- Fret slots are cleaned and the fretboard is prepared and levelled
- New frets are installed, levelled, crowned and polished. All by hand.
- Followed by a pro set-up.
Guide Price from £250
Scoot can help with various guitar repairs and upgrades such as:
- Replacing broken wiring
- Headstock breaks & cracks
- Loose struts
- complete electronics upgrade
Every case is different, please contact Scoot for prices.
Scoot’s Breakdown Recovery Service
Got a gig tonight?
At a rehearsal or session?
Need an on location* problem solved ?
*location within 40 miles of Swindon (SN3) Call out fee applies.
Accepted Payment Methods
- BACS transfer
- Online credit or debit card payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Apple Pay and Google Pay)